The Garnet has a higher content of Fe2O3 and Al2O3 than normal garnets, a darker colour, greater hardness, better toughness, faster cutting speed and a smoother, more vertical cutting surface.
It is brightly coloured, shaped into round particles, hard, open pit, easy to mine and has a large annual output, so the price is right and the amount occupied in the market is particularly large.
Garnet mainly used for water cutting stainless steel, aluminium, glass, tiles, marble, etc., widely used in tile mosaic and other industries.
Abrasive Garnet for waterjet cutting recommendations:
60#(0.25-0.45mm) used for cutting Stone, tiles, microcrystalline stone,
Suitable for high speed cutting area.
80#(015-0.355mm) used for stainless steel, aluminium product, low carbon steel, copper, titanium alloy.
Cutting results: The most commonly used waterjet cutting abrasive grit for a perfect balance between cutting speed and cutting accuracy.
120#(0.1-0.2mm) used for special glass precision cutting, phone screen, semiconductor, etc.
Cutting results: meeting the requirements of high precision and very low tolerances on the cutting surface.
(1) Abrasives for cutting in high-pressure water jet equipment (water jets);
(2) Raw materials for abrasive blasting for rust removal, cutting, special welding and thermal spraying, manufacture of grinding wheels, oil stones, abrasive cloths, sandpaper;
(3) As filter media for water treatment;
(4) Improve the finish of silicon wafers, optical lenses, precision instruments, polished glass, glassware, ceramic stone, leather, plastic and metal parts;
(5) It can be used as a good abrasion resistant material for the construction of highway pavements, aeroplane runways, wear-resistant rubber, industrial flooring, anti-skid paints, etc.
(6) Used as a medium for chemical, oil, pharmaceutical and water treatment filtration and as a drilling mud aggravator.
(7) Can be used as sand for sandblasting workshops for washing plant jeans, etc.
Any doubt, contact me.
International Dept Manager