Garnet waterjet abrasive, because of its versatility and ease of handling, is mainly used for waterjet cutting of stainless steel, aluminium, glass, tiles, marble, etc. and is widely used in the tile mosaic industry.
Waterjet cutting is the fastest growing major machine tool technology in the world and, when water is pressurised to 40,000 PSI (or more) and passed through a small aperture, it can cut a wide range of soft materials including food, paper, diapers, rubber and foam. And when a small amount of garnet sand is added to the waterjet and mixed with it, the resulting abrasive waterjet can cut virtually any hard material including metal, composites, stone and glass.
Specifications and Uses of Waterjet Sand
Conventional sizes for use as water cutting abrasives are: 60 mesh, 80 mesh, 120 mesh, etc. We can also supply them on request. We can also supply according to customer requirements.
Mainly used for water cutting stainless steel, aluminium, glass, tiles, marble, etc., widely used in tile mosaic and other industries.
Waterjet abrasives are available in three main grain sizes for customers to choose from.
- Product type: 60# (0.212-0.5mm), Product application: Stone, rubber, wood. Cutting effect: Suitable for high speed cutting applications, can increase cutting speed by up to 30%, but at the cost of reducing the accuracy of the cutting surface.
- Product type: 80# (0.15-0.355mm), Product application: Carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminium, titanium. Cutting results: The most commonly used waterjet cutting abrasive grit for a perfect balance between cutting speed and cutting accuracy.
- Product type: 120# (0.1-0.2mm). Product application: glass, semiconductors. Cutting results: meeting the requirements of high precision and very low tolerances on the cutting surface.
Advantages of waterjet grit
(1) Uniform particle size and smooth cutting surface
(2) Scientific particle size control, good cutting performance, fast cutting speed
(3) High particle purity, few impurities and good cutting conditions
(4) Good quality, less wear and tear on accessories, prolonging the life of the equipment and saving on overall costs